Thursday, June 2, 2011

Moving On..

This was my first poem on my first blog (Adi's World). I am posting this as it deserves that importance in my life...
A reader did comment on this post saying "Its intriguing that how much creativity does a heartbreak inspire"...I feel that's so true.. some of my best poems did conjure themselves during the lowest phase of my life. After years of writing this one ( 5 years).. This still brings relevance to any person that has gone through a heartbreak....I can now vouch that "moving on" from a place in your life.. which you once felt that couldn't be endured anymore... actually makes you realize that how mundane your concerns were.. .. there are many more similar phases in my life that have come over these years.. and each time i surprise myself.... about how easy it is to live life.. without dwelling on the past... just moving on.. on the hope that the dot of light..that you follow may actually be a lighthouse..showing you the shore..But this has assured me of one thing... life moves on.... and you have to eventually catch up with it... cause there are many mistakes to be made... may lessons to be learnt and a lot of happiness to received.



You woud think by now,I would know my way around,
I shouldn miss you so badly,I shuld be on familiar ground.
How many more lonely months, must meander by,
until I learn the lesson, it does no good to cry.
Wat Kind of iron will,must some people possess,
to be always looking forward, to never accept regress.
Perhaps if I was willing, to let someone take me by the hand,
they could show me a happy place, in this unfamiliar land.
But im weary to give my hand again, for  none can match u ,
Uve always been in my heart, keepin me from starting anew,
Perhaps Im only demanding, for all the joys that once were mine,
I must accept that they and you, belong to another place and time.
But I know that deep within my heart,there's a place where only you reside,
and when the pain of loneliness comes, it knows now dat where I hide.
So if sometimes it seems to me n my frnds, Im clinging to the past,
its mostly because I cant yet accept, that our love didn't last.
No matter how hard I try, I've yet to get over you,
for the part of me thats still alive, believes you love me too.
Maybe there will come a day, when that part will finally die,
and feeling strong with a heart reborn, a new love I will finally try.
And what a splendid day that will be, when I WAKE to discover,
I'm happily learning a great new land, with a new friend and lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers... Thanks for dropping by.. Please leave and insight about what you feel about the post. I need the feedback for reflection. I promise ill reply :)